- Don’t Pay To Get Published
- 7 Reasons Why Smart Authors Choose Us
- Submission Guidelines
- Author Application
Are you an expert in business or making money? Do you know a thing or two about investing or property? Do you have a unique and powerful communication or self improvement model? Are you an expert in sales or marketing? If you are then you may have considered writing a book.
Authors benefit from additional passive revenue, increased kudos and credibility.
You provide the knowledge and we provide the rest. Editing… cover design… typesetting… packaging… pricing strategy… printing… distribution… hands-on marketing support… sales copy… producing a highly polished final product…
If you have what it takes then we’ll help you to produce a
high quality book and sell it. And, we’ll do all this for FREE!
That’s right! You don’t pay us a penny but we’ll pay you upto 40% royalties!
It goes without saying that we only profit when YOU PROFIT. Unlike so many companies that are only interested in getting fees from authors who don’t quite fit the mainstream publishers, we’re more interested in creating a fantastic product and selling the right books so we both make real money while providing our readers with something truly exceptional.
Here’s some of the stuff we’ll do if your manuscript is accepted…
- we turn your writing into a viable marketable product
- brand it, work out pricing and sort out the title/targeting
- design the cover and jacket
- write sales copy for use in ads/ezines/websites/blogs
- devise a marketing plan including PR, online and offline promotion
- design and implement email messages, autoresponders and follow ups
- help you to write articles and get them all over the web to build a ready stream of targeted buyers
- promote you to our large (11,000+) opt-in mailing list
- set your book up on our www.bookshaker.com ebook store
- provide you with a www.bookshaker.com author account to manage your promotion from one pleace
We do all this and still pay you 20-40% royalties. This is a true partnership.
So if you’re interested in learning more then let’s get started…
7 REASONS WHY SERIOUS AUTHORS CHOOSE US OVER STUFFY OLD-SCHOOL PUBLISHERS & DODGY SELF-PUBLISHING PROVIDERS
- It’s FREE. We do everything FREE. Unlike all the self-publishing, subsidiary publishing and vanity publishing companies who charge you up front and take a cut of your profits – we only get paid when you do. While at first glance you might be thinking they are doing the same thing as us you’d be mistaken. We’re not interested in selling services to authors – we’re interested in producing and selling great books with authors.
- Royalties. We pay 20%-40% royalties on the profit of all books we sell together. Your royalty will begin at 20% and increases in 5% increments as “book sales” milestones are met. We’ve found this sliding scale helps incentivise authors to support us marketing their book! Compare this with old-style publishers who pay you a measly advance and then, if your book actually starts selling, provide you with mere pennies (3% and less) in royalties.
- Partnership. We enter into a contract where we have every intention of leveraging your intellectual property for mutual gain – and as such – we treat our authors with the respect they deserve! If we can help make YOU famous through the medium of YOUR BOOK then we’ll do whatever we can! Your success is quite literally our success. Dodgy vanity presses sell you a service and leave all the hard work to you. Their business model is based on making money from the author – not from sales of your book. Old-style publishers are no better. They take creative input away from the creator, pay pitiful royalties and, unless you’re a celeb author, do nothing to help sell your book.
- Reputation. Despite what they say, most POD providers and vanity publishers will accept any old junk. Many won’t even look over your manuscript for typos before printing it, sticking a pathetic “clipart” cover on it, and sending it to a paying customer. We think this attitude is awful and it’s giving POD a bad name! When you publish with us people will know your book got published because it’s good – not because you’re paying someone. See the reviews for our authors’ books on Amazon for proof.
- Sales & Marketing Support. Ignoring the old publishers – who won’t do any special marketing on your behalf – the marketing effort from the vanity publishers ends when THEY SELL TO YOU. Sure, they’ll tell you they’re most interested in selling your books (that’s how they persuade you to hand over your cash) but they know that in 99 out of 100 cases, your book won’t sell with them. Yet, they still have your money in their bank and they risked nothing! We, on the other hand, use all of our marketing know-how to provide hands-on support with your marketing efforts. Our support has created best-sellers and continues to add value to our authors’ core businesses.
- We’re Taking The Risks. We only get paid when we sell your books. All our risk is front-end (and if you paid for our time it would run into tens of thousands of pounds) so you can be sure we’ll do our utmost to make your book into a winner – we have no other choice. Of course, because of this we don’t take on just any authors. If you’re resource-needy rather than resource-ful. Or if you expect to sit back and let us do all the marketing while you do nothing – we don’t want to work with you!
- It’s All About Your Business. We realise the benefits that being a published author provides to expert entrepreneurs and we’ll help you to take advantage. From commanding higher fees, selling hundreds of books at speaking engagements and raising your media profile to creating a front-end product to help sell high value training, or simply providing you with a new source of prospective – clients we can help.
What we’re looking for
How to apply
We only publish 3% of the submissions we receive, so please read the following carefully to ensure you don’t waste any time and effort if your book isn’t right.
Important Note: Many publishers turn up their noses at your attempts to sell them on your idea. We’re different. We’re the listening publisher! So, use all the hyperbole you want – we’re looking for marketable products and we’re just as interested in you and how you think the book should be sold as we are in the book itself. Posh, big publishers will tell you not to “hype” your book – but where’s the fun in that? We want to see your enthusiasm!
If your book falls into one of the following categories then it’s likely that we won’t be the best people to help. This is by no means a reflection on the saleability or viability of your book, just a reflection of our own marketing focus.
We are ESPECIALLY looking for “How To” books on…
- Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Personal Finances, Early Retirement, Wealth Creation
- Influence, Persuasion and Selling
- Lifestyle Design, Travel and Expat Interest
If, after reading the above, you are confident that your book is what we’re looking for then please complete the author enquiry form for further instructions…
We will NOT be able to help with:
- Works of Fiction including:
- Children’s Books
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Most hobby books including:
- Racially, Politically, Socially Biased Works
- Biographical/Autobiographical Works
Most books of this type will be rejected. If you think, after reading the above, that your book definitely falls into this category then please do not submit it as you will get no response. If you think your book could be borderline – or you’re just not sure – then please submit it anyway telling us why you think we should consider it.
The Author Enquiry process begins here. Please read the instructions below before completing the form to make your enquiry and find out more. We promise to read and respond to all valid submissions.
- Read The Submission Guidelines
- Complete The Author Submission Form below including the book’s title and your initial proposal (including potential target, what you’ll do to market it and why you think we should publish it) in the “message” field…
- You’ll Be Emailed Instructions On Sending Your Manuscript For Review – Read & Follow Them Carefully
- Within 2 Weeks Of Receiving Your Manuscript/Sample, We’ll Have Reviewed Your Submission:
- If you’re successful we’ll send you a contract
- If you’re unsuccessful we’ll tell you why
- If you sent us “erotica”, “fiction” or anything else we explicitly asked you not to then thanks very much but you won’t get a response